Saturday, September 22, 2012

Ye Olde Maryland Renaissance Festival!

Lindsay and I had a great day at the Maryland Renaissance Festival near Annapolis. The festival is 25 acres of medieval mirth and merriment in the forest. Lindsay has fond memories of a renaissance festival she went to in Massachusetts many years ago so we thought we would check this one out. This knight in armor offered us a friendly greeting.  


 Lindsay in one of the many plazas throughout the forest. It is a very expansive place with lots of cool buildings.
Here's one of the main eatery places. Lots of fried festival fare.
A cool bagpipe band playing in the jousting arena.
I forgot to put sunscreen on at the beginning of the day...here's your sign.
Lindsay ate too much for lunch...here's your sign. She's the cutest glutton I've ever seen.

If I didn't go to law school, I might have been a Shakespearean actor. Lindsay says I play a wicked Romeo...
Anyone tried fried macaroni and cheese on a stick? Lindsay and I can now say we have...kinda tasty, actually.
Funnelcake fries!
The jousting tournament was my favorite part...I believe this knight's name was Ulrich von Lichtenstein.

Officially known as the "Squire on the Wire", this guy did a fun comedy/acrobatic show including crossing a wire stretched out over the audience. The people underneath this kilt-wearing comedian weren't laughing though. I wonder why...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You posted on your blog! Loved it! We didn't realize that they had so much deep fat frying in medieval times.

    ReplyDelete